Nancy is with the Manuel Arango Foundation. Her proposal for promoting OVER includes the following:
“We would like to request 10 free copies of “Overdevelopment, Overpopulation, Overshoot” to distribute to key environmental organizations and leaders of opinion in Mexico as a means to create awareness and generate word of mouth.
We would ask the organizations to promote the book and the Global Population Speak Out campaign in social media and to their networks and encourage the opinion leaders to create awareness for book and the campaign as well using their network of contacts and the media.
The list includes:
1. Manuel Arango – Environmental and business leader, founder of the Mexican Foundation for Environmental Education and the Xochitla Foundation.
2. Dr. Mario Molina – Nobel Prize winner and founder of the Centro Mario Molina.
3. Federico Reyes Heroles – opinion leader, writer, founder of Transparencia Mexicana.
4. Dr. José Sarukhán, Chair of the Comisión Nacional para el Conocimeinto y Uso de la Biodiversidad and former President of Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, internationally recognized leader on biodiversity issues.
5. Carlos Elizondo – opinion leader and newspaper columnist .
6. Daniel Servitje – CEO of Grupo Bimbo, largest Mexican-owned baking company with operations in the Americas and founder of of the nonprofit Reforestamos Mexico.
7. Fondo Mexicana para la Conservación de la Naturaleza – Organization that manages a fund created by the US and Mexican governments in 1992 to support environmental and conservation projects in Mexico.
8. Pronatura – leading organization in Mexico with over 30 years of experience and achievements in conservation and environmental protection.
9. Mr. Bruno Newman – Founder of Zimat Consultants – a leading communications and marketing company in Mexico.
10. Lorena Martínez – Director of Environmental Education and Gardens, Xochitla Foundation.”
There are many ways to participate! Together, we can raise awareness and bring about change.